Las Vegas Hindu Temple and Jain Center
COVID19 Reopening Rules
As of 4-July-2021 Temple is open and the only restriction is to wear the mask in the temple.
Temple Management is happy to announce the reopening of our temple to all devotees on weekends and public holidays by appointment between 9 AM and 2 PM.
Before you leave your residence
- We seek cooperation from everyone during this challenging time.
- Devotees MUST register online for all pooja services and for darshan at the temple prior to visiting the temple.
- Parking areas will be allocated at the time of Registration.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early and check-in at the Kitchen side entrance volunteer table.
- The allotted time for darshan will be 15 minutes. Please finish your prayers in the allotted time frame and respect the other devotees’ time and turn.
- Must strictly follow the CDC guidelines of social distancing and wearing masks at all times within the temple premises. Please click here for guidelines for places of worship by the local county Department of health.
- Anyone with a fever of 100º F or above has a persistent cough, shortness of breath, chills, body pains, sore throat, or was in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you traveled in the last two weeks should refrain from coming to the Temple. If you have developed any loss of taste or smell you should contact your Primary Care Physician as soon as possible
- For the safety of all devotees and our staff, everyone 10 and over must wear a mask inside the temple. Children under 10 are highly encouraged to wear masks if they can do so safely. If you don’t have one, one must be purchased using a credit card at the reception desk for $3.00. Visitors WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ENTRY without a mask.
- DO NOT bring in any homemade or outside purchased dravyas such as flowers, fruits, milk, honey, naivedyam, and sweets. It will NOT be accepted.
- In lieu of in-kind offerings, please consider depositing monetary donations in hundies or use Credit Card transactions during your visit. Please use e-donation from the temple’s site. Donations that will go towards Temple operating expenses during this financially lean period.
- We will not accept cash payments for services at this time. Touchless payments will be accepted inside the temple. Cash can be offered in the Hundi only.
- No socializing on the temple premises.
- Please bring a yoga mat or rug to sit in the temple. (Rugs from the temple have been removed due to sanitary reasons).
- You are entering the premises voluntarily, aware of the risks of infection.
- Limit the size of gatherings in accordance with the guidance and directives of state and local authorities and in accordance with RFRA.
- The temple is in need of several volunteers. Should you wish to volunteer fill out an online form.
- Our priests are now available for all private poojas at the temple and at the devotees’ home. Please contact the temple manager at (702) 304-9207.
At the Temple
- Park your car at the allocated Lot at the time of registration. Refer to your emails.
- Check-in at the volunteer table to check the temperature.
- A temperature check will be carried out at the entrance of the Temple. If your temperature is 100º F or above then your entry into the temple will be denied and you will be requested to leave the Temple premises.
- Wash your hands & feet (in the provided washing area) or use hand sanitizer
- Follow the arrow marks and the demarcations. Do not move any items in the temple as they are placed to help with the social distancing.
- Please follow the markings in the temple.
- All water fountains will be shut down for the time being.
- You can pray at NavaGraha Temple from outside.
- Please make sure you take all your belongings, items found at the temple will be discarded at the end of the day.
Inside the temple
- Keep your hands folded in “Namaste”. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING OR ANYONE.
- Devotees are advised not to touch ANYTHING with their hands.
- Nothing received and nothing left at the temple and nothing distributed.
- No food, prasadam, satari, Manjal kappu, sandhnam,theertham, or chatari will be provided by the priest
- Please pray and if you want to chant, please take a seat at the designated area.
- Devotees while inside the Temple main hall, must keep 6 feet distance from each other at all times.
- Quickly complete your prayer/worship and leave the premises to give way for others who are waiting.
- Enter only when allowed. Kindly cooperate. Priests will remain at the Sannidhi and raise the Aarathi for the devotees to pray.
- Try not to touch anything while inside the Temple or ring the bells.
- Watch your young children and keep them with you at all times and refrain from running around in the Temple.
- Pradakshanams will not be allowed and the barricades should not be touched.
- There are specific locations marked on the floor for the devotees to stand. Please follow them. Family members can stay together in one spot. All individuals shall stand at the available marked locations.
- There will be at least one priest on duty.
- Devotees are advised to be cautious by not touching any of the Pooja material.
- Please do not give anything to the priest with your hands.
When you reach home
If you turn positive for COVID-19 in the next 14 days, then Register and inform the temple to comply with local laws.